Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ARTISANAL CHEESE HEAVEN


Lured by the concept of custom building your burger, I had lunch at The Counter in Pasadena last week. It was a horrible food experience, and I will never ever set my foot back in this place. But there was one wonderful thing about my visit at The Counter: while miserably munching on my burger, I discovered the Pasadena Cheese Store across the alley. Of course, I had to go over and check it out. O.M.G.! This recently opened cheese store on Shoppers Lane is cheese heaven. Move over Silverlake Cheese Store and Beverly Hills Cheese Store. It is now in Pasadena where they offer the absolutely best artisanal cheeses from the greatest cheese producing countries on the planet like France, Switzerland, Italy, England, Spain and also some great ones made here in the U.S. I was especially enchanted to discover Caroline Hostettler's selection from Switzerland. I have known Caroline for a very long time, and I can tell you that she has uncompromisingly high standards. Her cheeses are simply the best Swiss artisanal cheeses you can get. I spent a small, well spent fortune on Appenzeller Sélection Rolf Beeler, Fourme d'Ambert, Montbriac, Crottin de Chaignol and Tomme Crayeuse – all so good, it made me cry.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. The Pasadena Cheese Store truly is cheese heaven...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

 
Share