Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Food that makes me happy



When my friend Richard, a food scout for one of the best delicatessen stores in Europe, toured California in search for the best products the Golden State has to offer, he came back to my house his car loaded with delicacies. While all the treasuries were blissfully good, I especially fell in love with the preserves made by Happy Girl Kitchen in Pacific Grove near Monterey. Good heavens! How could I ever live without the pickled spicy carrots, classic dills or the apricot summer jam, which I swear, is the best I had in my life. And I don't say this lightly. Of course, I was miserable when I looked at all those empty jars after splurging on their content. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the Happy Girl Kitchen Products in Los Angeles. Until now. The Marketplace at 'Sweet Butter Kitchen' in Sherman Oaks has stocked up their shelves with tomato preserves, and Leslie, the owner, promised to order the pickles and jams in the new year, too. Thank you, Leslie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Share