Tuesday, November 30, 2010

ARTISAN TOFU



I followed the advice of my fabulous health practitioner and drove all the way to Gardena to get some of what he claims to be the best tofu in California, if not the whole country, Meiji Tofu. Meji makes its tofu - regular, soft and zaru (in a pretty bamboo basket) - fresh every morning from non GMO soy beans and uses no preservatives. It's not only super fresh, but has supreme, outlandishly wonderful taste and extremely silky texture that almost melts in your mouth. It's absolutely fantastic plain with maybe a little sauce to your liking, but I am also excited to experiment with it. I never want to go back to regular supermarket tofu again, which sucks since I now will have to drive to Gardena on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Share