Friday, November 26, 2010

THE REDISCOVERY OF THE DATE


I recently read about the date growing 'Flying Disc Ranch' in the Coachella desert valley and how wonderful their dates are. I always was kind of indifferent to dates, since I only knew them as very sticky, non-varietal sugar-bombs. Curious about what 'Flying Disc Ranch' has to offer, I placed an order for Barhi, Yellow Barhi, Medjhool and Khadrawi and Zahidi dates. I had no idea that there was such a range of different varieties and flavors. Boy, what a revelation! The Khadrawi surprised my palate with a velvety caramel flavor, the Yellow Barhi has a light, refreshing citrus flavor and the Medjhool displayed an array of sweet flowery aromas. My days as a date ignorant are finally over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Share